Earl A. Vergara earned his Juris Doctorate from Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia (2006), and his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from the University of California in Berkeley, California (2001). After obtaining his license to practice law, Earl clerked for an Elder Law solo practitioner where Earl gained valuable experience in Estate Planning and Probate. Thereafter, Earl worked for a DuPage County criminal defense firm that concentrated in DUI defense, traffic matters, vehicle forfeitures, theft, battery, assault, sex crimes, and many other criminal misdemeanors and felonies.
Over the next eight years, Earl helped thousands of clients avoid a criminal conviction on their record, stay out of jail, minimize thousands of dollars in fines and court costs, maintain their driving privileges, and enable clients move on with their careers and livelihood. Earl was able to effectively navigate the civil and criminal process with the esteem of Prosecutors and Judges alike, often resulting in a favorable disposition to the client. More importantly, Earl gained valuable trial court experience after Earl conducted hundreds of bench and jury trials where he successfully obtained “not guilty” verdicts.
In 2013, Earl was named Super Lawyer Rising Star, and in 2013, was named Top 100 Trial Attorneys and Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Currently, Earl is the President of the DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCCDLA), a professional organization of seasoned and highly-skilled criminal defense lawyers committed to continuing legal education to further justice in the courts and protect the rights of persons accused of a crime. The DCCDLA has approximately 80 active members, and meets regularly for social events and CLE education.
- Former President of the DuPage Country Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- "Illinois Super Lawyer, Rising Star" 2013-2017
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- "AVVO 10.00 Superb Rating & Perfect Client Ratings on Avvo.com
- Certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in DUI Detection and the Administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- 2015- Board of Directors, DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (DCCDLA)
- Member of the National College for DUI Defense
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association, 2007-2016
- DuPage & Kane County Bar Association Member
- Highly Respected by Judges and Prosecutors
- Appeals: People v. Smulik, People v. Sandoval, People v. Bruni, People v. Trimarco
- Seminars: DUI Traffic, DUI Technology, Advanced Jury Selection
- Fluent in Filipino Language
- CASA Kane County Guardian Ad Litem 2006-2010